Friday, May 23, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Philly in Austin
Friday, March 07, 2008
Official Arts Garage Statement
By now, some of you might have heard that The Arts Garage was shut down by the Department of License and inspection for code violations, including a requirement to install sprinkler system. The sprinkler system is a $50,000 expense and can take six to eight weeks to complete.
L & I made it clear that The Arts Garage will not be permitted to re-open until the violation is corrected. After careful consideration, it does not appear likely that The Arts Garage can reopen sooner than 90 days.Promoters that which to host their events during this period can contact the following two North Philly venues for consideration.
1. Dowling Palace located at 1310 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Tel: 215-236-9888. Ask for Stacey.
2. The Guild located at 735 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19123. Tel: 215-989-9809. Ask for Bunmi Samuel.
I am committed to correct the violation ASAP and reopen when contingencies permits. My sincere gratitude to everyone that called to offer a pledge of support.
Ouch, not sure what this means for White Tees or any of the other awesome events planned for the next 3 months.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Arts Garage Closed, Loie Raided
- Just got word from Bo Bliz
the arts garage is shut down indefinitely.Wow after a steady spot for so long once again, this is disheartening especially since its so close to First Friday.
no further details until we pow-wow a little bit, but this may be RIP.
keeping it moving.
- UPDATE: Official statement from the Arts Garage.
- In other L&I news, Loie was raided Friday by L&I and the police department around 10:30. Benja Styles was playing as he is resident on Fridays. I stepped outside and the police came up and handcuffed the bouncer, turned the lights on, music off and completely shut down the place. Everyone was required to show ID before leaving. Loie is again operating on normal hours.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Beanie Sigel - Go Low feat Rock City
Beanie Sigel - Go Low feat Rock City. The Solution in stores now.
Bonus: Freeway speaking with Whoo Kid how they "bodied" the White T's show
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Philly 2008 We Da Best
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Scratching and Surviving feat Freeway and Beanie Sigel
Friday, December 21, 2007
WTWB at Transit Saturday
Freeway at White T's! EARRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY
Oh right, Freeway January 4th at White T's White Belts, Arts Garage 1520 Parrish
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Two One Five Magazine Launch Party
Tonight, come celebrate the launch of Two.One.Five Magazine at Silk City. The event is free with RSVP and starts at 11. DJ's Statik, King Britt, Steve Bloodbath and White T's White Belts are all slated to grace the decks. I must say I saw the first issue at the Diplo and friends jawn and it looked really good. Congrats!
More Info RSVP by sending an email to email@example.com.
Monday, December 03, 2007
White T's and Paper Street
Friday, November 16, 2007
What It Do
- And Dim Sum at the Khyber (56 S. 2nd)
- The Good Life at The Mansion with Jes One and Excel upstairs while the Hot Cops (Nick the V and Stumble) will be downstairs. $4 drinks til 12, hot jams til 3:30.
- Making Time with no guests whatsoever at Pure (1221 St. James)
- Housed - house music all night long at the Arts Garage (1516 Parrish)
- Minimal techno at Inciting courtesy of Foundsound
- Kiss n Fly at Level - Its Designer Drugs and Shawn Ryan, seems like a good idea
- Bounce with White T's DJs Emynd & Bo Bliz at the Barbary
- Barbary is dope. I'm really excited about it, plus its round the corner from
- Mad Pussy with the Motherfucking Rub
- Beats & Rhymes at the Khyber (downstairs) live beat competition
- Sundaes at La Veranda
- Dirty was killing it last night after John Redden
- Socket with the Rdn's at Barbary.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Mad Pussy and Pics
- Mad Pussy White T's Pics
- Guest list for Mad Pussy with The Rub. First 200 girls get free drink tickets, $5 on list all night.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Mad Pussy with White T's
Free entry for first 2oo on the list. Drink tickets for the first 200 girls through the door. Dirty with house music all night long upstairs and Brendan rocking the hip to the hop and rnb and reggae and soul and funk and all that good ish. Get on the list now.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Countdown to Free At Last
Download the bonus track from Nick Catchdubs as he mixes Hypnotic Brass Ensemble with Jay, Beanie and Freeway. I aint talkin bout chicken n gravy mang.
Follow along at CrossFaded Bacon
November 10th is Bo Bliz and Emynd of White T's, November 17th the Rub invades Philly and then on the 24th Flosstradamus from Chicago will be taking over the main floor. I'm really excited, something awesome to do Saturday nights this November. Also Hibbard taking pics for TwoOneFive, free sparks, Broadzilla DJ's, MIA after party with Low Budget and Dave P and Roxy Cottontail, free drinks for the ladies and more awesomeness.
Get on the list
Friday, October 19, 2007
What It Do: Nu Rave Your Weekend Away
- Jinxed Art Opening, free beer. Win a giant turd. (614 S. 4th Street)
- Erol Alkan at Pure for Making Time. Free if you still have your ticket from last week (1221
- Spoon at E Factory
- Brendan Bring'em and JesOne at the Mansion - $4 Drinks
- Zodiac Edition at Medusa (hip hop)
- MSTRKRFT at Transit with White Ts and Jokers of the Scene downstairs
- Dev Rocka at Liquid Charm. Not sure who this is, but its 215HipHop.com sponsored event. Theres an article too.
- Not sure what to do after MSTRKRFT? Like old rave and not nu rave? Derek Palasaiko at Inciting until way late.
- Sundae moves from the Bubble House to La Veranda on Delaware and Market basically. Includes outside deck with those heat lamp things.
- Justice live at The Troc since there was shooting outside the Starlight and the club is kind of closed. Too bad its sold out, they should move it to the E Factory.
- Btw, there are reports that they will be spinning at Silk City after their
tweek knobslive show
- Want more bass and less electro? More UK and less Paris? See Vex'd at Inciting HQ. Grime dubstep massive stand up.
White T's in Citypaper Music Issue
Dudes are crazy on their grind right about now. Saturday downstairs with Jokers of the Scene at Transit with MSTRKRFT, Thursday 25th with Rich Medina and Questlove for the Philly Car Share party, Saturday the 27th at Haverford College and then Nov 2nd Halloween jumpoff at the Arts Garage.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
- I posted pics from Gang at Tritone, Let Me Ride and Technics at Fluid and White Tees White Belts with special guest Diplo at Arts Garage
- Inna Spivakova posted pics from Canvas Clash and from the Vacuum
- Yapsnaps has Faux Pas, Sex from Above and Blonde Redhead at Mccaren Pool
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Weekend Pics: Crew Love, Roll Call and more
- Pics up from Crew Love (as seen above)
- Roll Call with Caps & Jones & Emynd & Bo Bliz
- Yap Snaps has photos from Friday at M Room and Saturday at Silk City
- Philly invaded LA on Friday with Plastic Little, JDH & Dave P playing at Echoplex
Monday, June 04, 2007
Weekend Pics: WTWB, Wheres Me Booty, Datarock and More
YapSnaps has pics from Abrasive Company at M Room, Datarock and White Tees here
Check out my pics from Where's Me Booty on Saturday and the afterparty at 2nd and Poplar
UPDATE: More pics from DJ DeeJay
YapSnaps has pics from ReUp at Sals and Redrum at Raven Lounge here
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wheres Me Booty: Attn Those Who Have Purchased Tix
*We've been selling tickets for the Boat Crusie this Saturday through Ticketweb and by hand so we don't have an exact list of who grabbed tix, if you haven't gotten them yet please ignore this e-mail*
OK party people, it is ON this Saturday! You ready for the summer kick-off party to end all summer kick-off parties? While the rest of the city is stuck on land we're all gonna be crusin in international waters with the best party DJ's in the universe. Here's some answers to the most common questions I've gotten from you:
- What time do we get there?
We start boarding at 9pm. There will be DJ's going the whole time and we'll be drinking and whatnot from 9 until we take off around 10:30. Just make sure you're on the boat when it pulls it out. We get back at 2am, BUT we may take a vote on board to see if everyone wants to keep crusin longer. We're in international waters...no man made laws apply. It's going to be up to you.
- Is there parking? How do I get to the Liberty Belle boat?
Yup, plenty of parking is available by the boat. The Liberty Belle is docked at the Navy Yard next to the Philly Cruise Terminal. Real easy to get to, it's at the South end of Broad Street. Traveling from I-95? Take I-95 Exit 17 (Broad Street). Go South onto Broad Street. Enter Main Gate at Navy Yard. Continue on Broad Street to the Cruise Terminal (Building #3). The terminal will be the last building on the right. Taking a cab is even easier.
- Top shelf open bar means what?
It means everything you want to drink is free and tipping is INCLUDED. I'm an occasional drinker myself and I wanted to make sure you are taken care of, so we hired 10 EXTRA bartenders for the night, 16 total, so you're endless thirst will finally be satisfied.
- What floors is everything on?
Floor One it's DJ Dee Jay with Madonna/Michael/Prince party. Yes, all Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince all night. It's even more fun than it sounds. Floor Two it's Emil & Bo from White Tees, White Belts. This is the big party room on the boat, expect sweaty mash-ups and club bangers and lots of drunk grinding. Floor Three it's Rich Medina & Lucas Rivera with Mojito's live percussionists Kiki and Carlos. This is the outdoor party with house and Afro-Cuban beats with the sky above you and the water rushing past beneath.
- Is Pirate attire really encouraged?
Yes, it is. The party's called Where's Me Booty. Of course we want Pirates and Wenches. If you don't know what a Pirate or a Wench looks like, go Google Image it or something. It's not necessary but it will be fun. I'm working on a parrot right now. I'm not kidding.
If you have friends freaking out right now, and you probably do cause my phone is blowing up, there may still be tix left online here.
If it's sold out, then we have some tix we printed out for hand-to-hand sale, just get at us.
This is going to be incredible. I might wear a life jacket cause I'm afraid of falling off cause of the open bar and all...
White Tees White Belts Moved
The Ukie's nice and all, but they were trying to stop our grind so eff that. Anyway, we're partying later and we're letting EVERYONE in this time. So come through and party with your dude Low Budget who hasn't DJed in Philly in what seems like 6 months (though it's probably only been like 1). This shit is going to be bananas and this place the Arts Garage is the best venue I've seen in Philly (no hyperbole).
We're starting at midnight because nobody comes until midnight anyway.
White T's on MySpace
Monday, May 07, 2007
Weekend Pics: Hands & Knees and White Tees White Belts
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
The 12 Superhero DJS out to Save the Night
Monday, April 16, 2007
White Tees White Belts with Peedi Crakk
That same ol' White Ts and White Belts madness with a special performance by the Badland Bully himself, Peedi Crakk.
First Friday, May 4th. 10 PM - 3 AM.
Flier coming soon.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Weekend Pics - Thugstep, White Tees
- White Tees Pics 1, 2, 3 & 4 courtesy of Drink Moloko
- Nappy in New Brunswick Pics
- Thugstep Came Alive - Rock the Dub recount
- Free Nappy T Shirts
- Wes Fif - Haterz Everywhere (DJ Nappy vs Skream thugstep mix) 320!
- courtesy of gnotorious, may be worth visiting for the lead in picture alone
- DJ Nappy x J Past mixtape coming soon - artwork is done
- DJ Nappy - Googly Thugstep
- DJ Nappy - Nothing Less Thugstep
Friday, March 02, 2007
What It Do : First Friday First Day of Summer
- First Friday
- Philebrity has picks
- Topstitch grand re-opening. How could I forget? Big things, keep your ears peeled.
- White Tees White Belts at the Ukie. But you should already know.
- Cover is $5 actually, heres a handy dandy map
- Let Me Ride with Cuebik, Breakdown, Dev79 and Starkey hosted by Illy at Fluid
- Then there is the whole issue of the flyer and how SEPTA was upset and went to the club and confiscated flyers and called Dev79 directly and multiple other people. There was no cease & desist letter so I assume its ok for someone else to use the same flyer design next month.
- 611 Dance party at Medusa - Rave Cave transformation once a month
- Ah, drinking during the day is so much fun
- Erin Express begins this weekend and continues for the next 3 weeks instead of the usual 2. Hey, the third and last week is actually on St. Patricks Day.
- Philly Craft Beer Fest - 45 small breweries with over 120 different beers take over the Naval Yard Noon - 4 or 6 -10
- Build your own Surfboard - Not exactly cheap at $1200 but still cool none the less. Starts at 9am
- Ashes to Asses, Bust to Bust - Peek-A-Boo Revue benefit at the The Troc. When the 5 Spot burned down so did all of their outfits and props. Help the girls buy new skimpy outfits.
- First Friday show at Glam
- Watch them perform live at the Fringe Festival
- [click] - Pink Skull and Dave P at Medusa - Its going to be like Berlin in there!
- Rizumu parties later than you do, til early morning with Ben Paris and unfoundsound at Lava
- Flamin Hotz Records presents Get On Down at Upstairs at Sals - Featuring Tom++ from Funkshun, DJ Icey Mike from Paris (Flamin Hotz Records) and PDX transplant NicktheV
- playing, Electro, UK House, Bmore, Balie, Chicago House, Indy Dance classics, Some French shit, but mainly Electro
Friday, February 23, 2007
WTWB at the Ukie
Meanwhile the record is selling out of control at Turntable Lab. It hit #4 in 4 days and completely sold out or would have easily hit #1. Not to worry though, if you slept on the first batch, the Lab reupped and you can still cop it. Its $8 and features a crazy full cover pic sleeve and labels and 9 tracks.
And as a bonus, the duo just released two tracks on their MySpace.
Cop the EP, White Tees Myspace, Crossfaded Bacon
Friday, February 02, 2007
What it Do : First Friday
- First Friday arts crawl
- WTHN sale all weekend long
- White Tees White Belts - 11 - 4 Record release party. Mixtapes from WTHN (951 N. Front)
- Tittsworth at Fluid with Cuebik and Breakdown - Let Me Ride stops at 2 (just saying)
- Big Art Show - Art Making Machine Studio (3000 N. Hope Street)
- Sale at Grasshoper 30-60% off (7th and walnut)
- Mark Price at the Padlock Gallery - 8 - 12 (1409 Ellsworth St.)
- Bodyrock at M Room with Illvibe Collective (15 W. Girard)
- [click] at Medusa
51:51 x Flamin Hotz Monthly Mix Jumpoff
Need a big big favor. Please could u send me the new EP u have. I will send u whatever it costs thru paypal or whatever. Im gonna be at Fabric on 2/2. Wont be able to get the joint and i know Emynd and Bo came w that fire! Please let me know!"We've got two seperate mixes and one from Dan the Swede later on this month. They represent what you'll hear at the party tonite with everything from Miami Bass, to hip hop, electro, Baltimore club, special remixes and whatever else will rock the crowd.
So without further ado: Subscribe with iTunes, subscribe with other podcast software, Emynd Feb 5151 Mix, Bo Bliz Feb 5151 Mix
Related: WTWB Myspace; Armands: 1108 Market Street, 19107; Sound of Market: 15 South 11th Street, 19107; WTWB on Flamin Hotz, CrossFaded Bacon Goods and Services